9.26.2008

On the Road Again

Wow, when it rains it pours! I'll be at shows the next three straight weekends...and thanks to a crazy bit of cmpressed scheduling, there are actually no less than five shows I'd like to check out in that timeframe! It's true...as much as I'd like to set up at Baltimore Comicon this weekend (to which I went last year and had a super-swell time) and at Mid-Ohio Con next weekend (a favorite of my youth, finally scheduled for a time other than Thanksgiving weekend), there are just too many other things going on. So, maybe next year. Meantime, I'm be exhibiting my wares at these fine events instead:

This Sunday (9/28) - Crafty Bastards DC
This'll be the third year for me at Crafty, and it's always a blast. Unfortunately, circumstances have necessitated my wife Brooke and little Evie staying home this year...but I'll have the Pop Idiot and Team 8 Press crews there to keep me company. The show is free, so there's really no reason not to come out!

Next Weekend (10/4-10/5) - Small Press Expo
The show of shows, my favorite year after year. This weekend switches from Friday/Saturday to Saturday/Sunday, which I imagine is an attempt to drum up more sales with two weekend days. I dunno how that'll go, but I'm a little chapped at only getting one night to hang out, drink copious amounts and sleep in a fancy hotel! On the brighter side, I should have the new print I did with Team 8 Press all finished and ready to sell at the show, and I can't wait to see how people respond to it!

October 11 - Richmond Zine Fest
This'll be my first year at this event, so I really don't know what to expect. Here's hoping the folks here in the RVA show up and check it out. For my part, I'll be doing a panel of some kind on mini-comics, and sharing the stage with Mr. Dylan Williams of Sparkplug Comic Books, who I can't wait to hang out with all day!

So come on out to one (or more) of these great events and say hi!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, looking forward to seeing you at SPX next weekend! I was planning to get to Crafty Bastards today, but injured my ankle in a freaky accident this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

I was lucky to find you at Crafty Bastards yesterday! I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

PS, where can I find your books in DC?