8.10.2007

Con Sketchin'

I often get asked to do sketches for people at cons these days. Up until a few years ago, I found it pretty difficult...being "on stage", so to speak, and having to perform on demand really got to me. I'd freeze up, and couldn't seem to draw anything...I'm pretty sure there are probably some horrendous Ullman con sketches floating around out there. Latley, though, I've been doing a little better job of it, and I've really come to enjoy it...it's a pretty cool thing to do, a nice little exercise, and it often makes those slow moments go by a little faster. The thing is, I often forget what I've drawn the minute the paper leaves my hands...so it's always a kick to check out people's online galleries and take a look back at some of the shit I've come up with on the fly over the years!











No comments: