6.04.2014

Stanley Cup and Cheesecake 2014 – Stanley Cup Finals

New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings


In many ways, this matchup exemplifies one of the things I love most about the NHL: its unpredictability. For most of the season it seemed (to me, at least) as if we were locked in an inexorable march toward an inevitable finals between the Bruins and Blackhawks. I should have known better, because it happened the way it almost always does: the playoffs got here, and everything went crazy. As annoyed as I am that the Penguins managed to piss away a 3-1 lead against   a Rangers team it had on the ropes, I'm glad New York is still around, 'cause runs like theirs certainly keep things interesting. All logic points to the Kings winning in a laugher, but honestly, who the hell knows anything? Kings in five.




6 comments:

Andy said...

Nice work. Kinda miss the good ol fighting girls pitting the two teams that I remember you using for a few series years ago, though.

Robert Ullman said...

Thanks man! Actually, it comes down more to time than anything else...I did this lovely piece as a commission a few months back, and this seemed like the perfect occasion to post it!

Anonymous said...

LA: UGLY DISGUSTING PIGS.

JamesfromDFW said...

You called it! Congrats to LA

Adam Bin said...

Crazy. Who knew it would be the Rangers and the Kings and that the Kings would come out with it? Crazy.

Robert Ullman said...

I know! WHO woulda called it?